Re: Back from Vacation & MPG prob fixed!!!-long

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 08:54:53 EST

> The cost of either part is what hurt the most, the MAP sensor $55 and the
O2 $50,
> both from Autozone in Syracuse. Well worth it though since it looks like
I will be
> getting BETTER mpg than before this mees happened. I'll post the
instructions for
> the repair to the DML mainpage when I get a chance, but if you have any
questions
> until then, just send me an email.

Mike,
Good to hear your gas mileage is up, and up alot! Let us know how the
mileage continues over the next few fillups. I think I am going to try
replacing the MAP and 02 sensor within the next few months, probably just
buy one sensor every paycheck and install them at the same time. I am
currently getting about 175-200 miles for 3/4 of a tank of gas, since I dont
let the gas tank get lower than the 1/4" marker on the dash guage; due to
alll my fuel pump problems and such. I checked CarParts.com out and the
prices would be around the same price for what you paid, but I am hoing to
still use the 33% off coupon for first time buyers, which would be a ncie
little savings, Once again, good luck and Happy New Year!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6