Engine light...UPDATE

From: Casey Aldridge (caldridge@uswest.net)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 22:36:51 EST

OK folks....here it is....since its a Dodge, it fixed itself. Engine light
went out today after I got home.
Got home, shut off the engine...then had to run an errand like 5mins later,
prolly just needed to run about
3 complete driving cycles and it went out. But..here is another question
concerning pulling the codes, I have
an early production run of the '97 (build date 12/96), ok...I have seen many
people state that turning the ignition
on/off/on/off/on/off/on will pull codes...now the positions when you turn
the key from lock is Acc/Run/Start. When we
talk about on/off....are we talking about turning the key to the lock
position where you can pull the key out and back
to the on position..or are we talking about turning the key just back to the
Acc. position. I have tried it both ways,
I have the LED mileage display...i've heard that the code will be displayed
there. I have never seem them there trying
this procedure this way...nor have I ever seen the Engine Light flash. Even
if there were no error codes the LED/Engine
should display some kind of message stating END OF CODES..or NO CODES...(ie.
code 55). Welp, now im going out to try it
again just cause its pissing me off.

Casey Aldridge
Tempe, AZ
'97 RC V6 Auto 3.55 One Side Fire