Re: Just read the dumbest thing ever posted on a messsaeg boardLOL...

From: Damien Civiello (djc208@psu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 01:03:05 EST

        The Omni/Horizon were based on the VW rabbit but were in fact a CC
design as a L-body car which is different from most other cars except
for the Rampage/Scamp and the 80's Charger/Torismo.
        The Shadow/Horison/Duster/Sundance were all AP-body cars. Their design
was based upon the K-car, which was a K body.
        The place were VW and CC got confusing was that for the first few years
of production CC offered the car with the 1.7 liter VW engine before
going exclusively with the 2.2/2.5
        For more info on what was what see:
http://www.allpar.com/model/fwd-bodies.html