Re: Acceleration and Axle Ratios

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 12:15:39 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2001 1:09:27 AM Central Standard Time,
therrin@isaac.net writes:

<<
 I know some here want this thread to die, but the man asked a question
 and deserves an answer. The comparison above is not a fair one,
 because the two trucks have different transmissions. >>

I ordered the 5-speed & 3.92 gear combo for the 4.7L because I heard (from
many sources) that it would outperform the stock R/T while getting much
better fuel economy. When I bought my R/T, I was hoping to get it with a
manual transmission, but of course it wasn't available. To this day I still
long for a manual tranny in the R/T (especially after all the mods). As for
fun factor, the 5-speed rocks. It's easy to drive and tons of fun.

Does the 4.7L automatic use the same transmission as the R/T? I happen to
know for a fact that the driveline loss of the R/T trans is between 22-25%.
If the auto trannys are different, then again, the comparison is still a mute
point...

As for modification, my Sport has responded to mods better than I could have
ever expected (butt-dyno).

James
'99 Flame Red RC Dakota R/T (ATI Procharged)
'01 Black 4.7L RC Dakota Sport (5-speed & 3.92 gear)