Re: Interior lights

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 00:18:54 EST

Don't do it. I tried changing from the green to a blue with my dakota.
Didn't work out too well.

the stock bulbs inside are plain white. The "openings" where the light
illuminates is tinted there so it gives you that green look. That and the
white lights that are attached to the sockets are glued in there or
something, you'll have to replace all 7 or 8 of them (for the dash piece)
after you do that. -i BELIEVE they're 169/192 size bulbs- your dash will
not be as bright, you filter a tinted piece of paper and light output
drops.

As for the A/C controls and all, I can't find the bulbs for them that are
colored. It's teenie little bulbs. if I were you, i wouldn't mess with
it.
-Dester

PS. have you looked into one of those indiglo or white faced gauge dash kits
yet? I think they have one where it changes the speedo numbers red/blue and
other colors. Available at nrautomotive.com or something