Re: 5 Speed Questions

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 19:35:29 EST

I don't know if they changed anything, but my 2001 5-speed transmission
shifts smoothly, if not too smoothly (lightness). No notchiness at all. I
actually cut down the length an inch or two so that it would shift firmer
(have more feel to it). After all, my last two vehicles with manual
transmissions was the Viper GTS with an MGW shift knob (about 3-4 inches
shorter than stock) and the Firebird Formula WS6 with the Hurst option and
"short-stik" mod.

I ordered my '01 4.7L Dakota Sport with the 5-speed and it made it to the
dealer in 4 weeks.

'99 Flame Red RC Dakota R/T (ATI Procharged and around 50 other mods)

'01 Black 4.7L RC Dakota Sport (5-speed, 3.92 gears, R/T fender flares,
chrome R/T wheels, 255/50-17 fronts, 275-50-17 rears, Full Hotchkis
suspension, Ported throttle-body, home made cold-air intake, 3" Flowmaster
exhaust system, shortened shifter neck/leather knob/leather boot, soon to be
Borla or JBA headers, ram-air hood, roll pan and Bosch +4 plugs.