Re: Tire decision - Thanks everyone!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 22:57:36 EST

> I have a little more research to do on the various stores around here,
> but I've settled on 31x10.5R15 BFG T/A KOs. BJ's wants $105 each, plus
> $10 each for mounting, valve stems, balancing, and lifetime rotation
> (still need to double-check the warranty, etc.). Dunn Tire on Bridge
> Street in Dewitt wants $118 each for the same tires, with all those
> "extras" thrown in the price (except maybe the rotation).
>
> Thanks to everyone for the input. It was all very helpful, and all the
> good feedback made the decision quite difficult. What really sealed it
> was the folks who drive in the same conditions as me (like Jaques) and
> the number of responses for each tire.
>
> The guy at Dunn said he saw no problem with 32x11.5 (BJ's won't install
> a non-factory size) as long as they fit on the truck, but I don't want
> to have to deal with the calibration issues, especially since I can't
> get a dealer to do it. 32x11.5 would have run me $140 each there.
> Yikes!
>
> BJ's has the tires in stock (or at least they did 24 hours ago, 8 of
> 'em), Dunn will require a week to 10 day wait while they order.

Good Call Andy,
I know you will love the BFG ATs! Sorry I couldnt comment on the tire
selection earlier, cause I couldnt check my email for 3+ days. I have had 4
different sets of tires on my truck now, and the BFGs seem to be the best so
far. I have only 'tested' them so far in the snow, deep snow at that. Good
Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6