Re: Tire decision - Thanks everyone!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 22:41:36 EST

I have a little more research to do on the various stores around here,
but I've settled on 31x10.5R15 BFG T/A KOs. BJ's wants $105 each, plus
$10 each for mounting, valve stems, balancing, and lifetime rotation
(still need to double-check the warranty, etc.). Dunn Tire on Bridge
Street in Dewitt wants $118 each for the same tires, with all those
"extras" thrown in the price (except maybe the rotation).

Thanks to everyone for the input. It was all very helpful, and all the
good feedback made the decision quite difficult. What really sealed it
was the folks who drive in the same conditions as me (like Jaques) and
the number of responses for each tire.

The guy at Dunn said he saw no problem with 32x11.5 (BJ's won't install
a non-factory size) as long as they fit on the truck, but I don't want
to have to deal with the calibration issues, especially since I can't
get a dealer to do it. 32x11.5 would have run me $140 each there.
Yikes!

BJ's has the tires in stock (or at least they did 24 hours ago, 8 of
'em), Dunn will require a week to 10 day wait while they order.