RE: Lights Out

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 00:21:36 EST

Check for a loose ground wire.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of stevelandlynn
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:57 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Lights Out

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Dakota Sport 4x, v8 5sp. The other night coming home the
instrument panel lights went out. The tail lights are out too. Checked
fuses in the driver door panel and under the hood in the power distribution
box. All are ok. All of the idiot lights still work, brake lights too.
Turn signals work too. The interior lights work on the dimmer as does the
cargo light.

I'm no mechanic but it seems odd to me that the tail lights and instrument
cluster bulbs would all go at the same time...

Any ideas helpful - local dealer will help, but have to take it in and
that'll be several days from now before they can get me in...

TIA,

Steve