RE: Computer question, non dak related. HARD DRIVES

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 08:20:25 EST

Yes. And...if it's a Maxtor...get their utility to turn the "Acoustic
Management" off. This increases the data transfer rate as well.

"Acoustic Management adjusts the speed of the head seeks, reducing the
ambient sound level during the normal operation of Maxtor hard drives. This
does not affect sound levels for power on operations. The performance of the
drive is affected when Acoustic Management is enabled."

http://www.maxtor.com/products/diamondmax/techsupport/technicalprocedures/21
007.html

It works....

- Bernd