2000 dak 4.7-Mileage

From: John Clawson (johnc@asltg.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 11:27:34 EST

pcoyle,

I have pretty much same truck as you(see sig) and got barely 11 mpg when
new. Now a year later and 13000 miles I'm real close to 14 mpg and I do
a)mostly city driving and b)lots of heavy right foot. Don't remember a
single tank of gas that I used w/o my foot in it some of the time.

Anyway, my observation is that this motor is REAL tight from the factory
and takes a while to break in. Don't know what the mods have done to
mileage(wasn't my purpose for them), but as long as its improving, so
much the better.

HTH
jc
00,cc,4X4,4.7,auto,3.92sg,hd everything