RT Torque converter

From: Peter and Dawn Anderson (kira@3web.net)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 09:45:06 EST

Has anyone seen the Dec. issue of MPN? Under the tech section questions,
someone wants to bracket race their 99 RT. Tech recommends that they
install converter P5007299 (166K) and that it should stall in the 25-2700
rpm range behind the 5.9 with his mods (computer, headers, cold air package,
and cam/ valve springs). When I checked the specs of this converter in the
catalogue, it shows this is for a 3 speed tranny . I called the tech line
for more info and got the toll free number for the truck questions but
unfortunately this number cannot be dialed from Canada. Does anyone on the
list know if in fact this converter can be used on the R/T with the 46RE
trans. If it can be used on the R/T , it is one heck of a bargain at 250
list CDN. Here is the toll free number for truck questions : 18003623569.
By the way, I have been off the list for some time and its good to be back.
Pete Anderson.