Re: RT Torque converter

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 11:57:28 EST

on 1/6/01 6:45 AM, Peter and Dawn Anderson at kira@3web.net wrote:

> Has anyone seen the Dec. issue of MPN? Under the tech section questions,
> someone wants to bracket race their 99 RT. Tech recommends that they
> install converter P5007299 (166K) and that it should stall in the 25-2700
> rpm range behind the 5.9 with his mods (computer, headers, cold air package,
> and cam/ valve springs). When I checked the specs of this converter in the
> catalogue, it shows this is for a 3 speed tranny . I called the tech line
> for more info and got the toll free number for the truck questions but
> unfortunately this number cannot be dialed from Canada. Does anyone on the
> list know if in fact this converter can be used on the R/T with the 46RE
> trans. If it can be used on the R/T , it is one heck of a bargain at 250
> list CDN. Here is the toll free number for truck questions : 18003623569.
> By the way, I have been off the list for some time and its good to be back.
> Pete Anderson.

Hi Pete,

Yes it works great, and they are right on the stall speed with mods mine
stall at 2800 rpm

Call Jim @ El Derado Chrysler in Texas 972-569-0196 he has them for $145
+ shipping which might be more to Canada , I know he has shipped a lot of
stuff to Canada, I originally got his number from somebody in Canada with a
r/t

Scott

p.s. the trans go shift kit is a good combo with the tq converter.