Re: Radar Detectors

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 12:38:21 EST

There are several good ones and all false because of radar operated door openers
on buildings, radar operated security systems and microwave tower paths mostly
owned by the telephone company. Other than those problems, on the highway they
work pretty good. I have a remote detector on my 99 R/T where the unit is
mounted behind the grille and the very small display unit under the dash just
right of the steering column. I have used it in 3 trucks for about 9 years and
it usually gives about 3 miles warning on the highway (about 1.5 to 2 minutes).
I wish I had one of the new lazer models because some pd's use lazer and my
older modes does not detect it. Lazer, however is line of sight only and does
not reach very far, maybe only 1/8 mile so you may not be able to avoid a ticket
if you are much over the limit and they use one of those. I believe lazer is a
small percentage of units though,