Re: Spray in Bedliner Questions

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 18:48:26 EST

> 1)Are there different types?
> 2)What is the best brand and type?
> 3)Does the color fade over time--mine will be sitting
> outside?
> 4)How much do they cost?
> 5)Where is the best place to buy one?
> 6)Do they come in different colors?
> 7)How do they stay attached to the bed--glue?
> 8)Do they ever peel away when they get old?
> 9)If you want to remove them, can you without ruining
> the finish?

Bob,
Just to name a few:
http://www.armacoatings.com/
http://www.lava-liner.com/
http://www.linexcorp.com/
http://www.customlinings.com/
http://www.rhinolinings.com/
http://www.ultimatelinings.com/home/index.html

Check out their websites for 1-800 numbers to locate your local dealer. I
have the Rhino Liner in my truck, which is over the rail. I paid $375 for
it, including the tailgate. It has been on my truck for 5-6 years now, and I
do like it and would recommend it to anyone. I do also like LineX alot,
which I have sprayed on my truck's Grill/Brush guard. I cant comment on how
well the LineX holds up, cause it is on the grill brush guard, but it has a
really nice texture and seems to hold up nicely. The Rhino Liner has been
beaten to death on my truck, and has only 'torn' or chipped away in 3 nickel
sized spots on the bed. This happened when I was hauling landscape pavers
and river rock about two summers ago, and I think a spade shovel might have
taken the chunks out. The dealer gladly patched them up and nothing else has
happened to the liner since then. Overall, I am very pleased with the Rhino
Liner. I really dont know about how one would even go about removing a spray
in, but why would you want to? The bed is completely sanded down anyways to
provide a rough surface for the spray-in liners can adhere really good and
bond with the surface. Hope this helps .
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6