RE: Spray in Bedliner Questions

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 18:43:49 EST

Answers are imbedded in the questions.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Bob H.
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 2:52 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Spray in Bedliner Questions

I have some quick questions about spray in bedliners.

1)Are there different types?

Some are:
Line-X
Rhino
Herculiner

2)What is the best brand and type?

I prefer Line-X. Preference varies greatly.

3)Does the color fade over time--mine will be sitting
outside?

Fading occurs more rapidly if you have no cover. It's the UV rays that
cause the fading. There are restorers that work pretty well, at least for
Line-X.

4)How much do they cost?

The ones that are sprayed in for you run from $350 to $450 depending whether
it's over the rail or under, etc.

5)Where is the best place to buy one?

There are franchises for Rhino and Line-X all over the place.

6)Do they come in different colors?

Yes. Some colors fade faster than others.

7)How do they stay attached to the bed--glue?

They chemically attach to the bed, which is "roughed" up with sandpaper.

8)Do they ever peel away when they get old?

Rhino and Line-X do not.

9)If you want to remove them, can you without ruining
the finish?

No! But why would you want to?

I've beat the crap out of mine and it still looks like the day I bought it.

Thanks,
Bob H.