RE: Removing carbon build up??

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 01:11:32 EST

Nononononono.....

If you want a very inexpensive way to cleanup the carbon deposits in the
combustion chamber...here's how:

(1) Get your engine nice and warm
(2) Remove the airhat - start the engine and let idle
(3) Grab a glass of water (yup...H2O) and slowly pour it down the TB throat
(Keep one hand on the throttle linkage to open the bores a little bit when
the engine starts to die)
(4) Once the glass is almost empty, pour the rest down the bores and remove
your hand from the throttle linkage...let engine die
(5) Change your plugs (if you want to) and fire it up again

That's a very old-fashioned way of doing it...and the least expensive of
all.

(The water turns into very hot steam and softens the carbon. The carbon
then looses its grip on the combustion chamber and goes right out your
tailpipe...no harm to catalytic converters either.)

- Bernd