Re: Removing carbon build up??

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 11:25:24 EST

> I semember reading that Will and a few people poured diesel fuel down
their tb's
> to remove the carbon buildup in the chambers? What's the procedure on
this? Do
> I need to spray or pour it in there, or what?
>
> Witjh 191K on my V6, I know I've got some build up, and I don't like using
those
> fuel additives after my truck ran VERY badly after using it?

Mike,
How is the gas mileage doing after installing the new O2 and MAP sensor? I
thought people used ATF, and not diesel fuel. I took my truck into a local
mechanic two summer's ago to have the MotorVac Carbon Clean machine hooked
up into it. The price was $80. After the machine was used on my truck, and
mechanic came and got me to show me all the black/gray smoke which was
pouring out of my truck's exhaust, which he said is excellent cause this is
the carbon which the Motor Vac is breaking up and dissolving within the
engine. The mechanic owns a 95 Dakota, so we were able to b.s. a while and
talk about Dakotas, he was really cool. Try calling their locater service
found on their website to see if anyone in your area has a MotorVac machine.
http://motorvac.com/welcome.html
I would be nervous about using ATF or diesel, which ever it may be, becuase
I would worry about it harming the 02 Sensor. Anyone know which is 'used'?
Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6