Re: Removing carbon build up??

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 12:26:26 EST

On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 00:10:56 -0500, dakotamike@netzero.net (Mike
Styer) wrote:

>I semember reading that Will and a few people poured diesel fuel down their tb's
>to remove the carbon buildup in the chambers? What's the procedure on this? Do
>I need to spray or pour it in there, or what?
>
>Witjh 191K on my V6, I know I've got some build up, and I don't like using those
>fuel additives after my truck ran VERY badly after using it?

What I've had good luck with is a product called Berryman Chemtool.
You can find it at any auto store or maybe even Wal-Mart. You pour it
down the crankcase (where the oil goes) the run the engine for a while
(as per the instructions). Then, because of all the deposits removed,
you have to drain and replace the oil (while it's hot...OUCH). A
mechanic friend of mine who has seen the before and after results of
this stuff swears by it. He uses it each oil change.
97 V6 Auto
e-mail mcrumley@airmail.net

If the tobacco and gun industries can be held liable for
product abusers, why can't parents be held responsible for
the actions of their children?