New Belt On/Exhaust Leak/Rattling Upfront

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 15:49:26 EST

Well I finally got around to putting the Kelly Springfield belt on, good
thing too. After close inspection of the 70,000 mile old one, I noticed some
really severe cracks on the belt, on the both sides. The new belt was a mere
$17.09, well worth it, especially imagine how a broken serpentine belt would
make a good day go bad by being stranded somewhere. I also double checked
the coolant level after replacing all the coolant hoses and tstat yesterday,
just needed a few ounces.

Good thing my truck was running/warming up when I was checking tire
pressure, have an exhaust leak.
Now all I have to do this week is run by the exhaust shop which installed my
Flowmaster, have a little exhaust leak from the outlet side of the muffler,
where the muffler connects to the exit pipe. I noticed it is just clamped
on, so I am going to ask for a good 360degree weld job.

Then I am finally going get around this week to having my truck's front end
alignment checked, under warranty of course. I am also going to ask the
techs to look for something loose and see what they tell me they found; I am
getting a god awful rattle lately from somewhere upfront. I thought ball
joints, but they are tight, atleast from my inexperienced inspection. Oh
well, I will let everyone know what I find out.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6