Re: Compressed Air-Powertank

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 17:56:49 EST

> If anyone is interested, I have build some CO2 tanks, both 10 and 20
> lb. tanks. I can put one together for about $150 to $175.
> We use these all the time on the trail to air up. One the 10 lb.. tank
> you can do about 30 to 40 tires. these are 33" tires that are down to
> about 8 to 10 lb..
> Also can use air tools.
> It cost use about $9.00 to fill up when empty.

Well please give us some details on your tanks!!!! I have been interested in
the infamous Power Tank for some time now, just the $300 price tag is
debatable.

Here is some info from: http://www.powertank.com/
"PT-5: The PT-5 is for those who have a serious space problem. Despite its
size it packs a serious amount of energy - enough to air up (18) 31X10.5
truck tires from 15 to 30 psi."
Cost of the PT-5 is $279 .

"PT-10 This is the optimal size for 95% of the rigs on the trails. It's
small enough to fit into a Suzuki or CJ5 yet holds enough power for larger
rigs airing up their 36" tires. This system has proven itself to have the
power to do several trail repairs and still have plenty left to air up our
35's. We recommend the PT-10 for rigs running 31" to 36" tires.
Cost of the PT-10 is $299.

"Basic Power Tank Systems(PT-5, PT-10, PT-15):
The Basic Power Tank Systems (below) come with everything you need to start
airing up tires including the following:
1. A 6061-T6 brushed aluminum tank. It is D.O.T. apprv'd and brand new, not
refurbished. Polished tanks are also avail.
2. Ultra duty solid brass regulator designed to handle the high flow rates
and pressures required to quickly air up large tires, run impact wrenches,
and reseat tire beads without freezing up.
3. Aluminum guard/handle designed to protect the regulator and valve from
damage as well as providing a comfortable way of carrying the tank.
4. Hose kit complete with a supple 25 foot coil hose and fittings including
a ball air chuck or plug, a quick release plug fitting, and an allen wrench
to remove handle."

They have an 'Air-Up Time' table at: http://www.powertank.com/uses.html
What is the height, cylinder diameter, empty tank weight, etc for your
tank(s)???
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6