Re: Why don't companies make parts for us?

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 22:23:30 EST

I know what you mean.What I can`t figure out is why
certain catalogs skip over a year or two for a
part,even within a certain truck model.Like chrome
exhaust tips for a 97-98,and 00-01 Dodge Dakota.Now
why the heck will those exhaust tips not fit a 99?
(This is just an example,BTW.I`m not in the market for
those).I know that things can change in production
from year to year that would affect clearances with
aftermarket parts,but sometimes you see some
rediculous stuff that should have no reason not to
work.Dodge keychain.....97-01 Dakota (except 3.9L)
Steve P.
--- Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I was just looking at intake manifolds on
> Edelbrock's website and every
> single one made for the Chrysler 318/360 states
> "Will not work on 92 and
> later Magnum engines." Now, I know there were
> changes made when the
> Magnum design came out, but why do companies (and
> this applies to others
> as well, not just Edelbrock) not have ANYTHING for
> an engine design
> introduced 8 or 9 years ago?
>
> --
> -andy
>
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ ---
> andylevy@bigfoot.com

> modesty, n.:
> Being comfortable that others will discover your
> greatness

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.