Re:GenIII Tcase/Axles

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 09:21:03 EST

Dunno if '98 was the first year for FT 4WD in Kota's (I think it was) but I know
the case is the NV242.
Tom

Subject: DML: GenIII Tcase/Axles
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 1/5/01 10:27 PM

Year by year, what are the transfer case(s) under GenIII 4WD Dakotas?
I know 91-96 use the standard NP231 tcase. Do the GenIII use any NP231HD
versions?
When did Dodge start using FT 4WD? What tcase is this? I would appreciate a
breakdown.

Also, year by year(GenIII only), what axles are under 4WD Dakotas? I thought
they are Dana 30 or Dana 35 hybrid front axles and Chrysler 9.25 rears, but
wasnt sure if this was the ONLY two axles which come on GenIII Dakotas.
THANKS!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6