Re: blue smoke from a 4.7L?

From: Jack Hilton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 09:30:13 EST

I dunno about what your buddies said, but blue smoke is a sign of oil leaking
into the combustion chamber. If it did it more when you started the truck after
sitting for an extended period, like overnight, it sounds like maybe the oil was
seeping past the valve seals.
I would chekc the oil level every day to see if it varies.

Jack