RE: Re: rear-facing carseat

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 13:27:40 EST

My truck doesn't have the airbag switch, although the dealer owes me
one because I requested one when I bought the truck and they said they'd
install it when they became available (this is a 97, and they didn't
offer the aftermarket switches at that time). But I need the front
seat for adult occupation anyways, so I am stuck with using the back
seat. Anyways... I found an Evenflo that fits in the back. It's the
kind with a base that stays in the vehicle, and the seat disconnects
from the base and goes right onto the stroller. The base fits snugly
between the back of the cab and the back of the center console - I've
found this to be the critical dimension. It's a tight fit, but that
doesn't really matter anyways because the base stays buckled into the
truck. By some stroke of luck, the design of this particular carseat
allows it to then easily attach to the base, despite the close quarters.

-kevin d.