Re: RE: Oh My God Its Raining!

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 23:48:47 EST

Well, me and my partner ALMOST became a part of a multi car wreck this
morning on the I-110 just south of SR-91. We were en route to Terminal
Island to drop off some trucks we were towing when an 18 wheeler tanker
jack knifes right in front of us, at least 4 cars go with it, my partner
in front of me slams on the binders, he goes sideways, gathers it and
goes around. I slam on the brakes, veer hard to the left into the
breakdown lane and go around somewhat gracefully, while we were both
doing about 45 at the time. My partner stopped to catch his breath (or
check his pants!!) Did I mention that our trucks were both loaded with
Ford F-150's?? Our weight was about 16000lbs each. Not fun to try to
stop in a short distance in the rain. Thank god for ABS!!! Man, I hate
these people, they make my job more difficult than it has to be!!!!! A
pucker factor of 9 for me!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver LOADED!!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts