Re: Truck Badges

From: mark janke (sftvboy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 01:18:40 EST

Unless you buy a badge thats already made it will cost
you a fortune to make a nice 3 dimensional plastic
badge, I already check that out. For something like
the V-6 emblem on the newer Dakotas could easily be
$200 a piece. I wound up yanking off my V-6 emblems
and since I had mounting holes behind it I had some
metal custom cut and had a custom font printed and cut
out in vinyl at a local shop for about $20, the metal
another $10. All I did was spell the word DAKOTA.

If you're set on getting a 3 dimensional emblem find
one from another line of truck perhaps? Have you
considered the gigantic DAKOTA letters from the last
generation body style?