RE: stalling Dakota

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 12:16:52 EST

My 97 V6 has been doing this for some time, and I've noticed
numerous postings popping up lately about it. Bernd says
to clean the throttle body and IAC. I've cleaned just the
IAC, which didn't help any - but I haven't cleaned the
whole throttle body yet. Another member noted that he
replaced his battery, and that solved the problem. I had
to get a new battery recently, and this didn't do the trick
either.

When it warms up outside, I plan to take the throttle body
off and clean it properly. However, I've read where people
did this and also replaced their IAC, with no effect on the
stall problem.

Mine started around the time I installed a homebrew k&n, so
I went back to the stock intake but it still stalls. I've
been wondering that since my timing chain has begun to make
noise, perhaps this is a side effect of the computer adjusting
the timing to compensate for the loose timing chain? At any
rate, I'd like to know exactly what's causing it. Keep us
updated.

kevin d.
97 cc V6 5sp, 3923's, 180 tstat, 8.5mm superconductors, homebrew K&N
bed full o' sandbags
cardboard radiator shield