Re: New Dak Owner with questions

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 15:31:58 EST

Hi there...welcome to the DML! :)

Yes, Fabtech has a 2" or 3" (recommend the 3") suspension lift for your Dakota
(1997 - 2000):

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/appguide/apps_susp/apps_dodge/apps_dakota.html

Along with the suspension lift and a 2" Body lift, you can fit the 32" tires
and with a 3" Body lift you can run 33" tires without any clearance problems.
(I personally run the Fabtech 3" + 2" Body Lift with 32" BFG A/T KO tires)

On the brakes...that doesn't sound right at all...i'm at 48.8K miles and still
the original pads/shoes/rotors/drums. Have the dealer check it out.

As for the "POP" noise, again...have the dealer check it out since there have
been TSB's out on this since 1997.

Again...welcome to the DML...glad to have you with us. :)

Bernd D. Ratsch
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT (V6/2WD - Supercharged w/Nitrous)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm