Need references for good performance shop - Austin TX

From: John Bell (jbell@vignette.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 15:09:26 EST

Hey all,

Well, I've put 7400 miles on my baby, and now that I'm used to her I'd like
spice things up a bit ;-). Here is the starting point:

'00 QC 5.9 46RE NV242 (4x4) 3.92LSD

What I'm looking for are answers to two questions:

1) Which performance shops (if any) in the Austin TX area would my fellow
Austinites
    on the DML recommend (Bernd? If you have the time...)? Houston is not
out of
    the question, but would prefer local.

2) If you were given the above truck as a starting point, what performance
mods would
    you go for? Money is no object, I want to hear any/all ideas, keeping in
mind that this
    is a 4x4 truck and will continue to be used as such, and for towing work
(this is not
    a yuppie poser truck, I do get it dirty and there are scratches in the
bed to prove it ;-) ).
    Another requirement is I want to keep the 360 that came with her - don't
tell me to
    scoop out the bed and drop in a Viper engine, 'cuz it ain't gonna
happen. If I wanted
    a Viper, I'd buy one and be done with it 8-D.

I know people have gone over specific tweaks etc. in the past, but I am
looking for a
grocery list of things I can get done in one shot and then run with for a
year or two.
Besides, I like people to run through the cross-matrix scenarios anyway, as
the total
solution is the goal.

Thanks in advance for any and all info/tips/help - this is an *awesome*
group!

--
John Bell