RE: New Dak Owner with questions

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 15:24:28 EST

Questions 1 & 2 are for people who have gotten high ;-P...Bernd comes to
mind.

3) Some Dakotas have had fast wearing brakes. It's hard to say how fast
because a lot of it is dependent on how much you need to use them. They do
wear fast if you need to slow down quickly from 120 mph a lot..;-) If it's
under 12,000 miles you can usually get DC to do something about it,
especially the rotors and drums. After the warranty period, I would opt to
go with at least Powerslot rotors and Raybestos pads for the front since the
front seems to wear a lot faster than the rears. The Powerslot rotors won't
warp as easily because of their ability to dissipate heat faster. The
Raybestos semi-metallic pads are some of the best I've seen.

4) The popping sound, in all likelihood, is from the cab bolts. Take it to
your dealer and describe the symptoms. They should replace those with
shorter ones which should eliminate the problem.

HTH,
Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD