Re: lost my job!!!

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 18:30:23 EST

I hear you. My last day at my company, Golden Casting
Corp. in Columbus, Indiana, is January 18th. We've
already had layoffs due to sluggish orders from
Cummins and Detroit Diesel (about 30 union employees).
This new round is because of a cease of production
order from Mack Trucks. Mack is shutting down for
about 9 weeks, because of sluggish sales. At Golden,
the affect about 230 union members. And yes I'm one
of them. Ours is to be a limited layoff. We will be
working for 1 or 2 days a week thru this time period.
This is so we will not be able to file for
unemployment. This is legal because of the new
Clinton/Gore labor law signed last year. And the
Unions went big for Gore!