Re: K&N GEN II FILTER for 1995 sport

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 18:58:30 EST

Jason-

I figure the 20+ HP numbers are somewhat exaggerated, but you'll definitely
notice a bump. Sounds pretty cool, too. If you can keep your foot out of
it, you'll also notice better gas mileage. Worth the money, if you ask me.

It is definitely an easy mod to install. The only problem I had was that
the threaded stud that the stock airbox mounts to started spinning on me, so
I couldn't tighten down the locknut that mounts the airdam. I had to peen
the metal around the base of the stud to get it to stop spinning. That
might be different on yours, though, mebbe someone else with a '95 will
chime in.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed