Re: Andy's new tires!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 19:31:58 EST

The tires are excellent. I feel much more planted on the road; Braking
feels better, handling/cornering, just all around. The steering is a
little heavier than with the Wranglers, I think because of the lug
design that's got more lateral bite. They're also a little noiser than
the Wranglers. In short, they make it feel like...a truck. Gee,
imagine that :)

I am able to break them loose in snow, but once I get off the throttle
and stop moving the wheel around, they hook right up. On one bridge I
take every morning, I used to feel like I would lose it on every
expansion joint, with the bouncing & sliding. Not so with these tires.

They got a good test right away. I wasn't able to get them at the East
Syracuse store; While they had 8 or 9 on the floor Thursday night, 4
were sold on Friday and another 4 were put on hold. So I had to cruise
up 481 to the Clay store (at Great Northern Mall) in that huge snow we
got that night.

I still need to adjust the pressure so they're "just right" and I think
there's a little break-in still needed, but overall, I am very
impressed.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness -------------------------------------------------------------