Re: Kinda clicked and made me wonder......

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 17:31:17 EST

This is the Chevy (or is it GMC?) commercial talking about their work on the
4-wheel steering systems for their trucks & SUVs, right?

In the late '80s, Honda tried it on the Prelude (the rears didn't move as much as
the fronts, maybe half; It was also adaptive, at low speeds the wheels went
opposite the fronts, at driving speeds they went the same way). Didn't last
long. Don't know if it was bad design, cost, or little gain in handling.

2 things cross my mind when loking at 4WS. More parts to break, and more
unsprung weight.