RE:Camshaft

From: dawn anderson (kira@3web.net)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 18:21:06 EST

Planned mods with the cam change are:rt race springs,MP torque
converter,home head porting with the MP porting templates,possible
installation of 6 pak hood scoop,either modifying beer barrel or M-1
intake,Crane ignition,lowering,and an adjustable pinion snubber with leaf
spring clamps.Mods already done are:Transgo shift kit,MP headers,home ported
and polished tb,180 stat,14"FABM,Accel 8.8mm wires,relocated IAT sensor(air
cleaner base),MP roller rockers,and ARE glass cover.The truck is a 99
R/T.One of my concerns regarding a cam is price.A Hughes cam or a custom
ground Crane cam is about 500.00 CDN before the 15% tax.The Comp cam is
389.00 CDN plus 7% tax out of B.C-no prov. tax to Ontario.This is why I was
curious if anyone was running that particular grind from Compcams.My other
concern is emissions.If I knew for sure the larger cam was even close to
being emissions freindly,I would run it.As far as vacuum is concerned,I
could always run a vacuum canister.Is this the reason why Comp says that
computer mods will be necessary;not enough vacuum?I forgot to mention that I
have the MP computer.Is anyone running the big Comp cam with the MP computer
on a 5.9?I would like to hear of any driveability problems,etc with this cam
from anyone who knows.Thanx for the listen,guys. Pete.