Re: Engine problems

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 20:31:25 EST

Hey there,
I have an 88. The bog off thel ine going away is more likely due to the EGR
replacement. That tube going into the SMEC doesn't really do anything. I
took off my entire airhat in favor of a 14x3 K&N and everything worked fine
=)
The code 17 could mean that the truck isn't reaching operating temperature.
When I got this code, my thermostat was stuck half open, which caused the
truck to run Rich all the time, which fried my EGR Valve and my cat. You may
wanna change the thermostat and see if that doesn't make the 17 go away =)

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult"