Re: Lost Job Threating.........

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 22:18:19 EST

Never wait for the ax to fall! Line up interviews now! You likely
won't regret it either way. Either you end up with a new job just in
time, or you end up getting a few jobs to choose from possibly including
your current one; perhaps even getting a raise at the old job to keep
you on if you are valuable to them and they don't want to lose you.
IMPORTANT: Don't let your current boss know you are putting lines in the
water though as then your boss can find it 'easier' to lay you off as he
knows you are looking elsewhere etc. and he can 'feel better about it'.
Wait until you have solid offers on the table before you show your
cards.