Re: Pulling Codes

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 22:13:39 EST

bernd@texas.net wrote:

> Closed Loop kicks in at about 150-160 degrees...although, extreme cold can keep
> it from warming up. (Nothing that a radiator blanket or letting it run for
> about 10 miiutes won't fix.)

Actually closed loop kicks in at the point the O2 sensor warms up enough to cause
it to get "excited". Normally just less than 0.45V (Stoich). This happens
regardless of the ambient and/or coolant/block temperature. With only my O2 gauge
- I can tell you within 1 second when the PCM will change from Open to Closed loop
- EVERY time regardless of temperature - verified by a scan tool. My setup allows
me to ride around with my Autometer A/F gauge with like 20 LEDs and 270 degrees of
resolution on the A-pillar and a flat-panel LCD on either the console or floorboard
w/my windows-based OBDII scan tool displaying live sensor outputs and PCM modes of
operation. This is my full-time setup on my daily driver with 110K miles. I know
this is correct.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"