Re: Brake Wear

From: Robert Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 22:39:41 EST

Bob,
  My rotors started pulsing at about 6k. I lived with it til 16k, because it
was only notceable on downhill braking. I was at the dealer & he told me to
get it in before 18k. I did & they replaced pads & rotors - UNDER WARRANTY.
Now, at 6k on the newbies, I'm getting the dreaded pulse again. Definitely
gonna go for the Powerslots & metallic pads when the income tax return gets
here!

Now, to change the subject a bit. Finally got the DAKSY back from the body
shop. I'm happier than hell with the way the Ram's heads look on the hood &
tailgate, but the f**kin paint is a total mismatch! I saw it in the shop
this AM & it looked perfecto, but out in the sun It looks like a f**kin
tequila sunrise, DAMMIT! After 4 days without my baby & thumbing rides to
work & back, I'm gonna lose 'er for 2 more days next week, while they make
'er pretty again. To make matters worse, on the way to the bodyshop, my POS
OEM Badyear right rear tire picked up a f**kin bolt that threaded itself
into the f**kin belts & the tire's shot!

ANDY! What did you end up payin for the KOs? Gotta get em soon! TIA!

(sorry for the rant!)

 Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +
3.9l; V-6: 4X4