RE: Is there a GOD?

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 08:05:56 EST

Wow... Steven!!!!! So glad to hear you're ok. You really did have someone
looking out for you. One word of advice though, even though they checked
you out of the hospital as "ok", don't let the insurance company close this
case too early. Even though my accident back in July of '98 was no where
near as serious as yours, I still suffer with back problems and go to physio
on and off. Unfortunately, I ended up with some damage to my discs and will
probably battle the pain from now on. But the funny thing is, is that the
back pain didn't make itself completely evident until months after the
accident when the physiotherapists and doctor investigated further as to why
it wasn't getting any better.

Of course the insurance company doesn't believe that my problems came from
accident and so the battle continues and they will not get my signature to
close the case. I haven't been able to work since the accident which is why
I'll be starting my own business from home where I can control how much I
work per day.

Also, make sure that you don't go back to work too soon. Take the time you
need to heal completely as this also went against me. I believed that I was
ready to go back to work a little too soon and when I went in to a meeting
with HR and my doctor's recommendations on gradual work increases only to
find out that they had found some way to eliminate my position with legal
loopholes and laid me off of work. But they did make some serious booboos
by advertising my job on the internet while I was still on Long Term
Disability and prior to letting me go. Big mistake! I got myself a high
priced labor lawyer and away we went. We settled out of court financially
and I got an amazing letter of recommendation and reference on top of it,
that it makes you wonder why they wouldn't want me to work there :-) But of
course, I am legally bound not to mention the company name.

The point I'm trying to make is to watch out for yourself. It's said to say
but true... if the insurance and corporations can find a way to put the
screws to you... they will. Again, thank God you're ok and take care.

TTYL,
Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd