Re: Break dust on rims

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 10:07:21 EST

>From experience, on all my cars with front disc the wheels get covered in
brake dust. The front brakes do most of the work. As an example, I had a
Nissan Sentra (now my daughters) with over 105K on it. Have replaced the
front pads twice and just replaced the rear shoes for the first time.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA

"Wes Weems" <wweems@fix.net> wrote in article <002901c07c44$7fd28fa0$0201a8c0@ronny>... > Ok... > I admit, I dont attempt nor want my truck to look like a show truck all the > time... but my 97 gets EXCESSIVE amounts of that brown break dirt crap on > the wheels... and it really drives me NUTS! Every weekend I gotta get down > there and scrub those suckers.. while the back wheels are PRISTINE. Anyway > Ideas would be apprecaited... > > Wes > >