Re: Is there a GOD?

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 13:27:21 EST

This happened 14 years ago (on my Honda CB125) and the lady who I hit stated
(on the police report) that she "forcefully pulled into oncoming traffic hoping
that it, the traffic, would slow down to allow her to enter the supermarket
parking lot". She didn't see me (hi/lo flashing headlight) and I didn't even
think that she would pull something like that. I hit her at 45mph without even
having time to hit the brakes. The impact split my Simpson helmet in two (on
her A-Frame) and my body smashed in the entire side of her VW Cabriolet
Convertable. The bike fell on top of my legs and the exhaust burned my ankle
almost to the bone. But, I walked away never leaving conciousness. (That's a
scary nightmare when your 18 years old!) I went on to ride a Honda CB450 and
then my Honda V45 Magna...all hit by drivers who "didn't see the
motorcyclist". I refuse to ride anymore (but seriously miss it) since I can't
afford to "leave my family" at this point.

Someone was watching over me at that time....someone is always watching over
all of us.

- Bernd