RE: RE: Camshaft

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 14:27:09 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Tom [mailto:tigers@bserv.com]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 11:13 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: RE: DML: RE: Camshaft

At 04:56 AM 1/12/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Great to hear from you. Was just thinking about sending you a note earlier
>this week. Regarding the cam, after spending some time on the phone with
>Dave Hughes, I grit my teeth and blew a big hole in my wallet and ordered a
>different cam to match the M1 intake. $$$; OUCH, to say the least! If you
>know anyone who would like a very nice Hughes cam, send them my way. It
>will even pass emissions testing. So what have you been up to? Rich

I've been putting the snowblower, that I bought a couple of years ago, to
good use.
I think that I fired it up a total of only 2 times last winter ... I've
triple that to date.
Other than that, I've just been adding a few more aches and pains (my parts
are
wearing out).

On the Dak front, I think that I've finally zeroed in on my WOT upshift
problem.
I'll be going into the tranny , hopefully in a warmer Feb. or Mar., to
replace
a sensor and a solenoid, and see if the problem is solved when the track
opens
in April. If solved, I'll be putting in a 3000 stall converter and try to
get
my PB down by a couple of tenths. I can then happily fade off into the
sunset
(sure!).

I won't be going to Carlisle this year (US $ are too expensive for many
excursions
into the States) but I would like to make it to the Nats again in Columbus,
OH
(even though it's a slow track).

I just came across an email on the MML. Owner of an '80 Volare is putting
a '94 magnum in and asking about a cam. I'll pass the information and your
email addy to him if you don't mind.

As always, let me know how this new cam matches up with the M1.

Good luck and take care.
Bob

Good Deal Bob,
Hey, I purchased a snowthrower this year. It's the best $500 I ever spent.
Our deepest snow this year (so far) has only been about 4". Not enough to
worry about. If it continues to ward off snow, I won't care if I never have
to pull it out. :'B

Good luck on your tranny sensors. Nice deal on the stall converter. But I
have to mention this even thou you are probably well aware of it. Once you
begin mod'ing your DAK, there's no turning back. He-he-he. Will be
awaiting to hear about the outcome.

I understand about not making it to Carlisle this year. It won't be the
same without you though Bob. When are the Nats in Ohio. Will keep them in
the back of my mind. Maybe will be able to make the drive.

I'm beginning to collect some of those aches and pains you are talking
about. Trying to get back in to a regular exercise routine. Don't know
which one hurts more, the aches and pains or the exercise.

Yes, by all means, please mention my cam to any one or any list you may
think it may benefit. I truly appreciate it.

Well, better get back to work for now. Just came back from spending my
lunch hour at the pistol range. (Like I really feel like doing anything
now!) Catch you a little later.
Rich