Re: scraping tint

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 19:16:39 EST

Go ahead and use the razor blade and remove the tint
first. Use soapy water or a window solvent to remove
the tint glue that adheres to your window. You may
have to use some "elbow" grease here though.
Here in Indiana, window tint must be at 50 percent on
the front side windows and If I remember right, 25
percent everywhere else but the windshield. Unless you
have side mirrors on both doors. Then you can go as
dark as you want. The front windshield can be tinted
only on the top. Every windshield manufacturer enbeds
faint hash marks on each side, along the top of the
windshield. These marks can be 3 to 7 inches from the
very top. Tint cannot be placed any farther down than
that.
Reason for tint behind driver being as dark as you
want, if both front doors have mirrors on them. Panel
Vans don't have windows behind the driver. This is in
the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles code book
(believe it or not). This was pointed out by a friend
of mine (Deputy Sheriff).