Re: Re: Shock & Rear End Question.....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 23:37:19 EST

> Here's a 2 part question.
>
> I would like to replace my stock shocks on the rear of my Dakota Quad Cab.
> What do u guys recommend?...Bilstein,Gabriel,.....
>
> Also,i have 22,294 miles now,and at what mileage do i need the rear end
> serviced?...Dealer says 30,000 miles.
>
> It is the 3.55 gear ratio.Can synthetic be used or not??

I like the Bilsteins I currently have, all I can say is stay away from
Rancho, as I have nad nothing but problems with them and their customer
service is rather poor. I change the gear lube in my truck's front and rear
diffs every two years. I have always used Amsoil synthetic 75W90, and my
truck has 3.55 gears with an LSD in the rear. Synthetic gear lube is
definately the way to go.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6