Re: Dakota Radio Question

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 00:21:57 EST

Definitely go with a cd changer you can control with you in dash receiver.
I have a pioneer unit and 6 disc cd changer. My unit has a remote that
controls everything, so I can pop the music in and not touch ever touch the
deck. The absolute best safety mod I ever got for my truck. You don't
realize how much trouble it is to change cd's while your driving or even
adjusting the volume until you don't have to do it anymore. Personally, I
will never by a car stereo again w/o a remote and a multidisc cd changer.

My .02,
Mike Styer
93 Dak

Andy Levy wrote:

> I have an Alpine CDA-7839 head unit in my '99. It's a 1-DIN (we have
> the lovely 1.5-DIN dashes), so there's a black mounting bracket all
> around it. It doesn't look factory but it looks fine to me. I had
> installed by the shop I bought from.
>
> Most CD changers can have an RF modulator hooked up to them which lets
> you "tune into" the changer through your stereo (it puts out a signal on
> a very low or very high FM band). However, I would recommend against
> this if you can avoid it. You're better off getting a head unit that
> can control a CD changer directly and has the direct signal input.
> You'll get better sound quality and far fewer problems. The down side
> is, almost ever manufacturer has their own proprietary setup, so you may
> have to buy the changer and head unit from the same maker. No big deal,
> IMO. Alpine costs a little more, but their Ai-Net technology lets you
> connect most of their audio devices on one network - changers, tuners,
> etc. - so

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary