Battery Relocation

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 15:35:33 EST

Here some thoughts I've been tossing around. I want to move the battery to
the rear of the truck for drag racing and autoX events. But I don't want it
to be there permanently. So here's my plan, please tell me if this sounds
good, or add some advice.

I'll order the cabling kit from Summit. I'll run the + cabling under the
truck and through the tie down plugs in the bed and ground the - cable to
the frame through the same tie down plug. When I'm not racing there will be
not battery in the back and I'll just leave the long + cable unhooked at
the under the hood side. When I am racing I'll but a smaller battery in the
back, hook up the + and - in the back, and hook the under the hood side of
the long + cable to the original + battery cable and accessories. I don't
know how I'll hook the two + cables together but I'd like to find some sort
of lead post about 1.5" long to bolt the two clam leads to, then insulate
well to prevent shorting.

Does this sound feasible? Thanks guys.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black