Re: Battery Relocation

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 19:28:01 EST

First, thanks for the quick and detailed responses

Actually my first thought was to put it under the bed. There's a cumfy spot
on a cross brace on the drivers side well before the rear wheels. It
wouldn't work with the stock bat (too big), but if I get a cheap small one
it should fit.

Ok new plan. Leave a cheep small bat under the bed, use quick disconnects
to "activate/deactivate" it. When I'm racing I'll connect everything and
pull the big bat out. When I'm not racing I'll disconnect both ends of the
small battery cabling and re connect/insert the big battery.

I like the idea of big mock post so I can get some jumpers on there if
needed.

Gregg, could you expand on this push/pull switch, I don't know what this
means, when you get a chance, off list is fine too. If I go under the bed
then for sure I'll get a battery box, in the bed I don't think I'd need one.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm