Re: Spanking and taking Initials!!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 21:42:23 EST

<<<Okay, Will:
Nice spanks. You need to get some silhouettes to put on the side of your
fenders showing all these spanks like the WWII fighter pilots did with
the Japanese and German flags.

Tell me how you're getting all that power to the pavement! I had enough
trouble when my DAK was N/A, but now that I 've got the supercharger too,
man, it's tough. What do you do? Are these rolling starts?

Thanks,

Richard in San Antonio>>>

I owe alot of the traction to the ladder bars w/Koni coilovers attached to a
Ford 9" with 3.90s and a Detroit Locker. Another thing that helps is the
"heavy ass" Covercraft tonn. cover. When I say heavy, I mean "heavy!" This
thing has to weigh in at about 200lbs! I know part of the reason is that it
has a piece of 3/4" marine grade plywood fiberglassed into it for strength.
It takes two people to put the thing on, and I am not exactly a small guy
either. Another helpful thing is the M/T Sportsman "I" tread tires. They
really help! Spin them over and smoke them once, then they stick like fly
paper! I also have Mini-tubs installed and narrowed the frame to allow full
clearance of the N50-15 tires (12.7x27.8 mounted). I am in the process now
of making a list of part numbers for the 408 as many have inquired into them.
 I should have that e-mail on the list tomorrow afternoon. I am going
through all my receipts and paperwork to make sure all the part numbers are
manufacturers pn so they will be easier for everyone to find. I am also in
process of making a custom 12 pt roll cage for the Dak. I am trying to keep
my current stereo in it and everything. I don't want to loose any of my
street fun equiptment. While I tailgate Corvettes and Vipers at 150 and
while I dust off Lightnings in the 1/4, I want to be able to listen to my fav
tunes cranked up over my stereo!! I figured that if I went to the track, and
they looked at my dyno sheet, then the weight of the truck, they would tell
me to get the hell home till I had a cage in it. I am also starting to
wonder about a couple of chutes. hmmmmmm........ don't worry, wheelie bars
are going on tomorrow...........It is too wet to try welding right
now......been there.....done that....and it might explain alot about me
today....... d:o)

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakota